Hi guys! I am preparing for my finals right now, so I am feeling a little bit stressed… Thank god there is a cure for that: CAKE! Healthy cake, of course. I made this recipe for Christmas, but I cannot wait to make it again. It was SO GOOD! I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I did.
• 11/2 cups walnuts
• 1 cup dates
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided in half
• 1 cup blackberries
• 1 cup cashews, soaked in water for at least two hours and drained
• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
• 1/3 cup maple syrup (or agave syrup, honey)
• Grated chocolate (at least 80% cacao!!!)
1. To make the bottom layer, place the walnuts, dates, and 1/8 teaspoon sea salt in a food processor and pulse to break the ingredients down, till they’re crumbled. Run the motor and process till the mixture is ground up and sticking together when you squeeze a little in your hand.
2. Press the bottom layer into a small casserole or baking pan that has been lightly greased with olive or coconut oil (I used 11″ by 7.5″). Set aside while you make the top layer, or chill overnight.
3. To make the top layer, blend the cashews, blackberries, oil, remaining 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, and syrup in a high speed blender or food processor till they’re as smooth as possible. Pour the top layer over the bottom layer in the pan. Use a spatula or inverted knife to smooth the top layer over very evenly.
4. Transfer the dish to your fridge and chill for at least three hours.
5. Sprinkle the grated chocolate on top and cut into bar shapes and serve.